Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

*The picture above is at the believed (maybe there are many) tomb that Jesus was burried in. This was from a trip I took to Israel with my family and our church when I was in first grade. I can't believe I didn't appreciate all that we saw. I hope to go back someday. Pretty funny picture, I know!


I decided not to attend a Good Friday service this evening. Instead, after Søren went to bed I spent some time reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark Luke and John in the Bible). I am overwhelmed by all of the new things I learned and thoughts I had. I was so quick to think I knew it all, having heard the Easter story every year of my life. I have so many thoughts, I don't even know where to start.

*I'm curious about the dream Pilate's wife had. (Matthew 27:19)
*Why does Mark mention the man in the linen garment? (Mark 14:51-52)
*Pilate and Herod became friends (Luke 23:12)
*The people were so quick to release Barabbas, a murderer, back into their community. How often do we allow evil into our lives in place of Goodness?
*Jesus' disciples fell asleep 3 different times when asked to keep watch. It's amazing to me that Jesus' closest friends couldn't even stay awake the night he was betrayed, yet Jesus still, not only died for them, but for those who hated him.

Just some random thoughts I wanted to share.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hey there...loved the questions/thoughts. One thing I have learned is that linen usually represents "purity" in the Bible...Don't know if that goes along with the Mark one or not...