Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fettuccine with Peas, Asparagus, and Pancetta

I'm back to trying new recipes once a week. I have missed it. Last week I tried beef stew for the first time. Why have I never made that before? So simple in the crock pot and a great way to use up veggies!
Last nights new recipe was Fettuccine with Peas, Asparagus and Pancetta from Bon Appetit. I first had this recipe when Sam's mom made it a few months ago. We both agreed it needed to be a staple in our home. Well, it didn't turn out as good as Judy's. She is an amazing cook, so I don't think anything I copy will ever be as good as hers. I need to ask her if she did something different than the recipe called for. I used spaghetti instead of fettuccine (needed to use stuff from our pantry) and used bacon instead of pancetta. I've never been a pancetta fan. It was delicious nonetheless and Sam took the leftovers to work for lunch (that's gotta say something, right?).

No comments: