Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Søren!

Two years ago Sam and I had a decision to make. To induce or not to induce? I was 4 days past my due date and my doctor wouldn't let me go past 10 days. She gave me the option of waiting the full 10 days in hopes of going into labor naturally, or scheduling induction for a day that she was working. I was so ready to meet our little guy and so ready to be done being pregnant, but when I was faced with the choice of when to give birth, the decision was harder than I thought. We decided that I should be induced. At 11am on February 13th, 2008 I was checked in to the hospital and ready to deliver. I will spare you all the details, but 10 hours later, with an epidural, 3 hours of pushing and a vacuum, Søren Samuel Bergstrom was born. He weighed in at 8lbs 6oz and was 19.5 in. long.
It has been an amazing two years with Søren a part of our lives. He has a heart of gold and is eager to please. He loves to make us laugh and knows how to push our buttons. He is so smart and it scares me sometimes how quickly he learns things. He is left handed and I am adjusting to that world (putting the fork and crayon on the correct side, having to find lefty golf clubs, etc...) He is on the move from the moment he wakes up to the moment he is in bed for the night. (He will never be that child that you find asleep in his food or on the staircase.) He is going to be such a great big brother. I can't wait to see all that he is going to want to teach his little brother or sister.














No comments: