Saturday, October 9, 2010

The next Beckham?

Søren joined a mommy/daddy and me soccer "team" for the month of October. It is a 2-3 year old class for 30 minutes once a week. I first thought 30 minutes would not be long enough, but boy was I wrong. I thought he would love soccer and be quick to do whatever coach instructed him to do. Again, I was wrong. The soccer field is the outfield of a baseball field, so the first day Søren took off to run the bases. There is a playground close as well. He would rather go down the slide, then dribble to the flag and back again and again. He does love wearing his shinguards and soccer socks. He loves dribbling in to kick a goal. The highlight is definitely getting a sticker from coach at the end. Even though he might be more interested in other sports at this point (i.e. golf and baseball), it is a proud moment for me to watch my boy play soccer.

No comments: