Monday, May 17, 2010

Surprise


If you know me, then you know that I love surprises. The good kind of surprises. That's exactly what I got from Sam for our 4 year anniversary. (Yes, that was back in March. Yes, this is a much belated post). The morning after our anniversary Sam told me to leave the day open for a 2:00 massage appointment at a local Salon and dinner out. I couldn't be more excited! The massage was wonderful and I hurried home to get ready for a night on the town. When I entered the house the first thing I saw was our living room rearranged to be a dining room for two, candles lit everywhere, music playing and Sam dressed to the nines. Then I heard the faucet turn on in the kitchen. Hhhmm, someone else is here, I thought. It was our friend Greg who was preparing dinner for Sam and I. He had driven from Seattle to make Sam and I a 5 course dinner. It was fabulous! Bruschetta with a quail egg, salad with pomegranate glaze, butternut squash ravioli, chicken and molten lava cake for dessert. Words cannot describe how amazing this meal was. It was such a fun night and I'm so thankful to Sam and Greg for helping make our anniversary special.




No comments: