Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rhubarb, not Rebar...


Rhubarb? What? To eat? Isn't that the stuff they use in concrete? Oh, not Rebar, Rhubarb! Ok, so I had never heard of Rhubarb until I moved to Washington. Does Ohio not grow Rhubarb? I still don't know. I was always hesitant to try it, but once I did I was an instant fan. I attempted my own Strawberry Rhubarb type crisp (more so with biscuits) a while back and did not like it. Sam graciously ate it, but he never went back for more. I was determined to find a recipe I liked. Strawberries and Rhubarb came in our veggie/fruit box last week and I knew this was my perfect chance to try again. Here is the recipe I found, tried and absolutely loved! Rhubarb Crumble from the Food Network. I left out the hazelnuts and just added more oats. The recipe does not call for Strawberries, I just wanted to add it in for myself.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I can't wait to try this! It is so hard to get a decent strawberry rhubarb pie, and I have never tried at home, but I LOVE crumbles, so I will do this this summer. Thanks!!

Sarah said...

yum! i LOVE a good crisp/crumble...and yours looks so delicious. you're hilarious that you had never heard of rhubarb. maybe rhubarb pies are always along the roadside stands in chautauqua or something???

Allison said...

strawberry rhubarb is always one of my favorites!