Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Letter


2009 Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas from the Bergstrom household! Wow, I can not believe another year has gone by...flown by! It has been a wonderful year filled with challenges and joys just like any other. Here is what has gone on in our lives in 2009

In March Sam stepped down from his job at Forever Granite. It was a step of faith, but we are so thankful we listened to the Lord and our hearts. Sam re-entered teaching for the rest of the school year and made a final decision that he would be done teaching for good. The summer and fall provided great jobs for Sam, one being an internship with our church on the worship team. Sam is in his element with this job. He loves playing guitar and has begun teaching guitar lessons as well. Sam is also now co-owner of PC Gauge Calibration West; a company he and a friend started which will take over PC Gauge Calibrations customers west of the Mississippi. It's an exciting, yet very busy time for Sam, but he is loving every minute of it.

If you have been following the blog you already know all about Søren. He is full of life these days and never slows down. He is really into cars, trucks and trains. He loves to help me cook and clean. Books are a must throughout the day and especially before bed. I am getting a glimpse of what it must be like to have a teenage boy because all Søren wants to do is to EAT! He is definitely a comedian and loves to laugh and dance. He shows his independence more and more each day and will be quick to remind me that he can do it! Søren isn't very affectionate, but that random "hugk", kiss or "wuv woo" just melts our hearts.

I am doing well, just trying to keep up with the boys. They definitely keep me on my toes. This last year I have fallen in love with photography all over again. I am working on making it a business and trying to take my time to do it right. I have focused on photographing families and children, but would love to dip my toes into the wedding industry. I have been involved in mom's group, 2 bible studies and a couples home group this fall and have loved what I have been learning about the Lord.

This Christmas season has been especially meaningful to me this year for some reason. I usually don't like Christmas songs and I tend to be a scrooge about the pagan aspect of Christmas. But this year the Lord has really been speaking to me through Christmas songs. Maybe that sounds silly, but i don't know how often I ever really stopped and listened to the lyrics. People around the world are singing the story of Jesus, even those that don't like to say Merry Christmas. :)

We hope you have a blessed holiday.
We are so thankful for all of you.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: