Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Voila!



I honestly have not forgotten about my quest to make a new meal each Wednesday night. I just have not had the desire to do so. Sam has been working most Wednesday nights, so I find it pointless to make a new meal for just Soren and I. We all have those nights where we want something semi-healthy, but either don't have the ingredients, energy and/or the time. I have discovered Birds Eyes "Voila!". All you do is take it out of your freezer, put it in your skillet, cover and in 10 minutes it's done! I am not one to promote frozen meals (except pizza, of course), but this is really yummy and it's filled with vegetables and we all hit up the freezer section at the store at some point. I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat frozen vegetables than none at all. Bertoli makes meals similar to this as well and they are just as yummy! Oh, and for you parents and caregivers...Søren eats it! Except the carrots, he's not into those. :)

1 comment:

massey said...

Linnea- I found it interesting to learn that frozen veggies are more fresh and contain more nutrients than most fresh vegetables because they are frozen directly after being cut. I learned this from a baby food making book, "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel. So you go on ahead and eat your Voila- sounds good to me!